Tuesday 19 May 2009

Too much flesh!!!!

Thought I'd do the post on here that I didn't get round to doing yesterday.

My weigh in results (see the transformation blog) showed no change yesterday so I did a bit of guilty cardio in the form of the body attack class at 9:30am. I wasn't the only bloke in there. I wasn't quite with it yesterday morning due to feeling guilty for not losing any fat, but went about the routine as hard as usual.

The only thing was one of the women who was standing in front of me had a backless fitness bra top and one of her mates, well, she looked like she was cold despite the fact that the air conditioning in the studio broke down ages ago and is still to be repaired!!!!! Please...I know us blokes get accused of posing in front of the mirrors and being all "LOOK AT ME!!!" when we're doing our weights. But do us a favour, and wear sensible but comfy clothing in the place. No wonder us blokes get accused of being pervs for even being in the same studio as you ladies!!! Just too much flesh for that time of morning, save it for bedtime for your husband please!!!

On a more exercise focused topic, I did the superset workout (as per my blog from the 9th) again first thing this morning. I got to use the big barbell for my deadlifts AT LAST! Again I did the routine as a tri-set and a quad-set. I think the barbell is half olympic weight which I understand to be 14kg and I added plates totalling 47.5kg. I used the snatch grip to change things up a little. I really enjoyed doing the deadlifts and was pleased to up the intensity at last. I am sure I can increase the weight, but I will do this gradually so I can assess where my failure point is. The burpees set and the end of the second circuit is a killer and makes you gasp for air after you've done it.

I was due for a massage today at 5:30pm so before that I went for a swim. I've been toying with the idea of using swimming for some interval training following a tip in the free-ebook report "Training And Nutrition Insider Secrets For A Lean Body" (click here to get a FREE copy) from Mike Geary, author of "The Truth About Six Pack Abs" and a blog posting from Joel Marion, author "Cheat Your Way Thin". So thats what I did. Our gym pool length is 20m so heres the workout.

10 lengths medium paced freestyle (200m) immediately followed by 6 sets of
2 lengths freestyle sprint with 3 lengths slow breastroke recovery (6X100m)

I did enjoy this workout, and given that I haven't done an intense swim for a long while (I used to be able to swim 1km in about 17 minutes at my best and that isnt that long ago!!!) I was quite pleased with the intensity of my sprints. Lets hope that it burns some fat.

Anyway feel free to download the FREE PDF "Training And Nutrition Insider Secrets For A Lean Body" by Mike Geary, by clicking this link. You could even consider buying his "Truth About Six Pack Abs" program by following the links in the PDF!

Enjoy your training and keep your food sensible. Back To Turbulence Training again tomorrow!

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment