Wednesday 15 July 2009

All quiet on the blog post front!

Its been a while since I posted a blog on here. I now have a "day job" and as an off-peak gym member, the only way I have been able to get to the gym during the working week has been to get my lazy ass out of bed and to the gym for opening time at 6:30am!!!

As you know I started the TT transformation contest blog and then sort of got bored with TT and wanted a different sort of challenge.

Well, I decided to give Vince Delmonte's No Nonsense Mucle Building a shot. However, following the TT mass building program that I did for 3 weeks, and a couple of weeks rest, I have found that Vince's workouts are just far too time consuming for me to do. They were taking me over an hour in the gym as they are 5 supersets of 3X15 reps for 2 workouts and 6 supersets for the other. Plus, I was finding it inconvenient to fit in some cardio to minimize the fat gain. I have also "ballooned" in the belly (although I still have a bit of the 6 pack that was starting to develop before I started bulking), so I have decided that I am going back to TT for fat loss again.

I have no doubt that "No Nonsense" is a great program as I have found the workouts really challenging. The members website is fantastic too with forums, workout downloads, etc. I have an incling that I will go back to complete this, probably during the winter when it will seem more sensible to "eat more", but at the moment, I am pressed for time now that I am working, and only have time to spare for long workouts at the weekend, which is really the time I want to spend having fun at the gym as I used to. I cannot give the time that this program requires at the moment, and I would not wish to do things half heartedly!

So back to Turbulence Training then! I must admit it was great to be doing the fat loss workouts. I am going "Old School" and doing the 2K4 workout which alternates between an A & B workout so it is less complex than the ones I had done before. I am also enjoying being able to do interval training. I started TT again on Tuesday and will go in again tomorrow morning , Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon, so as to get back in to the Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday routine.

I went in and did some more cardio this morning. Steady state on the cross trainer for 15 minutes, and then a big challenge, 6 sets 20 second intervals at level 19 (out of 25) with 40 seconds rests in between. That was tough, I could just about handle those 20s intervals, and I was gasping for breath still by the time my cool down has completed! Given that I have been on the cross trainer twice this week already, I think tomorrow I will do some dumbell swings. They are a different take on intervals and quite a different sort of challenge. I have done these before as can be noted from the transformation contest blog.

My left ankle seems to be playing up again so I have bought an ankle support which will be needed as I see tomorrows workout has loads of lunges and bulgarian split squats (which I think is what agravates it!!!)

Anyway I am going to close down for tonight as I will aim to get to bed shortly so as to get up at silly o'clock. Night folks.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment